Belmont County Port Authority’s goal is to implement economic development initiatives that will strengthen and diversify the economy by encouraging investment in business, industry, transportation, distribution, and community development projects.
NEW Financial Program – Bond Financing
Belmont County Port Authority is able to provide significant economic development tools to assist developers, businesses, manufacturing facilities, non-profit organizations, and governmental entities. For more information, see this link. Port Authority Bond Financing
We recognize the challenges facing the employers and workforce in our community as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the economic development leaders in Belmont County, we are providing the links below to share the current programs and resources available. Our regional economic development partner, OhioSE (formerly APEG), will be maintaining a continually updated list of resources that can be accessed here.
We are also available to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.
- SBA (Small Business Administration) Disaster Loan Assistance (because of Governor Mike DeWine’s emergency declaration, Ohio businesses will be eligible for Economic Impact Loans.
- Updated Info: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Process provided by Ohio University SBDC
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating the Coronavirus
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know provided by the National Governor’s Association
- OSHA Guidance for Prepping Workplaces for COVID-19
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- ODJFS Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Liquor Buy Back (for impacted bars & restaurants)
- Appalachian Growth Capital (AGC) (small business lending)
Utilities and Service Providers
Public Health Updates
- ODJFS SharedWork Ohio (a way to equally cut back worker hours and allow unemployment compensation to fill the gap)
- SharedWork Ohio PDF Guide
- PDF: Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks by SAMHSA
- WVU Barnesville Hospital
- Trinity Health Systems